Dr Wayne Dyer….on the Young Living Essential Oils
Artemis writes: I have just returned from Young Living’s Grand Convention in Salt Lake City, where I had the absolute privilege of being in the audience as Dr. Wayne Dyer spoke to us about the power of love, and the “God Essence” that lives in these bottles of essential oil (just as it lives within each and every one of us). I typed as he spoke, so I’ve recorded (virtually word for word) his entire presentation. As you would know if you have been receiving my bulletins for a while, they are usually short and sweet – a couple of paragraphs at the most. However I’ve broken tradition with this bulletin, and am including the full transcript. I found it so uplifting and so heart-touching on many spiritual levels, and it reflected why I feel that sharing Young Living oils with the world is a spiritual calling, and a way to make a profound difference in other people’s lives (and in our own sense of deep purpose). I hope you enjoy his beautiful words, too. They are spoken from the heart, and bridge many faiths and religions into one pure truth about divine love. I’ve highlighted some of my favourite bits in red below, so you can skim if needed. Enjoy!!!!
Dr. Wayne Dyer’s presentation in Salt Lake City, June 2013:
· I’m 73 years old, and I have sex almost every day! almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday…..almost on Wednesday…. J
· (Artemis adds….when he began with this opening line, for a moment I was thinking about Dr. Dan Purser’s comment about Idaho Blue Spruce raising male libido…..and about Gary’s experience in the Ningxia province of China, where one elderly gentleman of 91+ years of age was concerned that he was only making love to his wife 4 times a week……I thought that Dr. Wayne Dyer must have been trying some Idaho Blue Spruce J)
· I have 8 children – 6 daughters, 2 sons. They keep me humble. Anytime I raise my voice or behave inconsistently with what they’ve heard me say……they remind me.
· My wife had gone on a silent retreat for 30 days….I didn’t understand why she needed to do that, until she left. And we had 5 children in an 8 year window.
· One day, my daughter Summer, who was 13, said to her younger sister Sarina who was 11, “If you didn’t have any feet, would you wear shoes?” And Sarina said, “That’s a stupid question!” But Summer replied, “Well, I was just wondering why you were wearing that bra?” I took out a pen, and wrote it down, and still use it to this day.
· I lived the first 10 years of my life in a series of foster homes and an orphanage. I did that because my father abandoned his family, and walked away. My mother had 3 boys, I was the youngest – born in 1940. My brothers were born in 1936 and 1938. The war was about to start…and my father decided this wasn’t something he wanted to stay with. And so he left. Before leaving he’d been very abusive to my mother. He’d spent several years in prison (as a thief). I have never seen or talked to my father. I found out that he died in 1964 at 49 years of age, of cirrhosis of the liver (he was an alcoholic).
· I grew up with a lot of rage and anger towards this man. The first 10 years of my life, I moved around a lot, in and out of foster homes and orphanages. I went to different schools every year. Finally in 1949, my mother brought our family back together again. So at age 10, I met my oldest brothers (Jim and Dave) for the first time. My elder brother was sickly – he had disorders.
· Finally we got back together as a family. My mother re-married….to another alcoholic. He wouldn’t work or take responsibility, and he was abusive. Yet it was worth it to my mother – she wanted to get all 3 of her boys back together.
· I went to 5 schools in 5 years. I would walk home from school, and be grateful every day for being united with my family, and having a father (sort of) which I didn’t know what the concept was. So on the way home, I would contemplate and walk.
· We had a teacher there – Mrs Angles. And she used to read to us every day at 3pm. And for the last half hour of the day, she would read a story to us, but only if the class was good/quiet and didn’t give her a hard time.
· We think we are making our choices….but there’s an invisible intelligence that is behind everything in the Universe. It also beats your heart, and digests your food, and is making all the decisions.
· I had a great teacher in India….we would ask him the question….”what is real, master?” And he always used to say “That is real which never changes.” So there is a component to our reality, which is birth-less, deathless and changeless.
· I always repeat a line from A Course in Miracles….and I ask to have the guidance…..”If you knew who walked beside you at all times, on this path that you have chosen, you could never experience fear or doubt again.”
· If you had a knowing that there was an invisible divine intelligence – call it God, Universal Consciousness, Spirit, Tao…..the opening line of the Tao is that “The Tao which can be named is not the Tao”. That which is moving the pieces around in our lives has no opposites. There is no dichotomy, it is one. When we put a name on it, we confine it.
· I wrote 58 chapters – the 58 most significant events that directed the course of my life. And as I looked back on it all, I realized that the thing that I believed was that I was real…..Who am I? We have a tendency to believe that who we are is based upon false logic. Who we truly are is not what we do, or what we accomplish. If we think we are this, we are captured by the world of change. But we are something beyond this….in the world of the changeless.
· Listening to Mrs Ingles reading to me……impacted me and the 41 books I’ve written in 47 languages around the world. She was reading a book called “The Secret Garden”. I was so fascinated with this book, that it still gives me goose bumps. I can go back to that 4th grade class, and I can discover in this invisible place within me, every single person who was in that class.
· I discovered that when I talked fearlessly, and from a place of power, people listened to me. I would get the class to be quiet so we could listen to Mrs Ingles’ story.
· The Secret Garden was a story about an orphaned girl who could go into this secret chamber, where she could go into her mind. Whatever she wanted to put her attention on, or choose to think about, she could create.
· Having learned about Gary Young [the founder of Young Living Essential Oils], and essential oils……the only reason I accepted this speaking engagement (as I don’t do speaking engagements any more) is because I believe that what you are all doing will change our planet.
· Inside each and every plant and each and every tree, and each and every bush, and everything else that is offered to us as a creation from our source (from God), there is something very deeply essential….but it is hidden, you can’t find it. It’s like essential oils. With essential oils, you have to find out how to get to the “essence” of the offering [Artemis adds: the way that Gary learns how to perfectly extract the oil from the plant, under all the right growing and harvesting and distilling conditions]….just as we have to do this within ourselves.
· I took on a false self as my identity (EGO)….”edging God out”. And this Ego, which we believe is who we are, is what keeps us from finding our essence – the essential individual-ness that is located inside each of us.
· From the moment you are conceived, we move from the invisible world, into the world of form. It’s a total mystery to every one of us. Not one cell that exists in you right now will exist in 10 years……yet we still believe we are this body.
· For that first 9 months in your mother’s womb, there is nothing for you to do. Some universal intelligence (I call it God) is directing this entire plane. Everything is handled for you.
· If we would surrender to the Intelligence that brought us from “no where” to “now here”, we’d realize that everything is already handled….to become a God-realised being.
· As Rumi the great poet said, “Sell your cleverness, and get into bewilderment”.
· You must sense that as you do the work that you are doing….as you offer people the products that come from the essence of nature…..?
· Gary gave me a bottle of Rose oil – I buy it buy the dozen J Yeah, I had no idea that this tiny bottle would cost me this much….. J
· Rumi says “What was said to the rose that made it open, was said to me here in my chest when I met you.” That was him describing what it felt like to meet God.
· “And the day came when the risk it took to remain tied to the bud was greater than the risk it took to open”.
· I’ve learned about different kinds of love…..I’ve finished a book last June 26th. I didn’t realize that I was going to write another book. In fact, my ego/physical self, is saying to me, “You don’t have to write another book, or fill another 500 empty pages, from something coming to you from who knows where.” It’s such a mystery, like the words that flow from my mouth now as I talk to you.
· So on June 26th I thought, “I am done with this. I don’t have to write anymore. I don’t have to struggle, or spend the time……it’s so great”. On June 27th I woke up and I started writing a book called “I can see clearly now.”
· I started writing about the secret garden…..
· “Everything that now exists was once imagined”.
· So if there is something that you would like to exist in your life, you must first be able to imagine it.
· You want to be able to put it into your imagination as if it were already your reality……your imagination is your soul – it has no boundaries, no beginnings, no end.
· When you can align yourself with your being, it will be effortless. It starts with putting something into your imagination.
· What do you place into your imagination? What have you been programmed to believe about yourself?
· I believe that we’ve been programmed to be “ordinary”…..so we want to raise ourselves into the extraordinary.
· The essay on the importance of Civil disobedience…..if we see wrongness and we do nothing, we are just as guilty as the people who do the wrongness.
· Simplify, simplify, simplify…..let the affairs of your life measure one, and two.
· In this essay, he wrote a definition of success. He said, “If you advance confidently in the direction of your own dreams, and endeavor to live the life which you have imagined, you will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
· When you live it from a place of passion, of excitement, and you fall in love with the products, and you believe in them so strongly……you fall in love with what you feel connected to so strongly. You don’t “sell” the products, because you are coming from a place of lack, want need. Instead, you fall in love with what you believe in so strongly, and you sell that love. That is the greatest sales technique there is. You feel the excitement of what it is……and you live from that place of passion. That’s called enthusiasm……the God within…..that’s your connection to God. And when you feel your excitement about what it is that you believe in so strongly, you are now aligning yourself with your purpose.
· What in the world do you think you are doing here? You listen to your senses, thinking you are sitting still listening to me. It’s such a complete illusion. You are on a spinning rock, moving at 17,000 miles per hour….we are hurling through space, and it’s orbiting around the sun once every 365 days…..so it’s hurling and orbiting and turning on its axis once every 24 hours…..so you are turning and hurling and spinning, yet your senses sit here and tell you that you are sitting still. Why would you believe your senses? They lie to you all the time!
· To see the world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, to hold eternity in the palm of your hand…..we all see through the eye, which was born in the night to perish in the night, while the soul beams through”…..That’s what you sell! Little vials of heaven. Little bottles of God. And you offer it out to the world.
· Tom Woloshyn introduced me to the oils, and put me on the master cleanse (the same cleanse Gary was on for 256 days).
· We are so convinced that things happen in our life that aren’t meant to be happening….but when you look back, you will understand why you’ve had to go through all of this. How did you get to become a distributor for essential oils?
· Maslow was my mentor. I was a school counselor in an all-girls high school in Michigan…..Mercy High School…..I was 25 years old, had spent 4 years in the Navy, had then gone to college and got a Master’s Degree. And I gave a talk to all the parents….a few thousand. That’s because the principal of the school got the flu that night and I had to fill in for her. And the fact that she got sick was why I now sell millions of books around the world. So see all those synchronistic types of events?
· These events are bringing you to a place of greater service. Our original nature is kindness, gentleness, love. We have lost our original nature. You can do something about that. We have a huge obesity crisis in our culture. We have a huge addiction crisis – and I don’t mean recreational drugs only. You also have pharmaceutical drugs. People believe that a pill is how they can solve the problems in their life….and to have a label on them.
· We think we can be safer if we can have more darkness.
· You have been directed to come to this place, and to become emissaries of God Consciousness for the whole planet. Just look at Gary’s story…..why did he get hit by that tree. Why did he go on a cleanse for 256 days? Everything on our planet, we are all connected to each other.
· That night I filled in for the principal, I didn’t just talk about how to excel in one’s studies….I talked about “who you are”. If who you are is what you do, then when you don’t, you aren’t.
· The morning after I gave that talk, a woman (Nancy Armstrong) walked into my office. She gave me a book. Her mum was a member of a book club….and this book was called “The Whole Man”…about people who have elevated their lives to the highest place….people living at extraordinary states of consciousness, so that whatever they put their mind upon happens.
· Most of us do not believe we have that divinity within us. We got lost….we were raised to believe that Ordinary was Ok.
· But some of us go to elevated levels. They are independent of the opinions of other people. And in this book there was an essay by Abraham Maslow. And he described the characteristics of these people who can manifest, and attract into their lives those things that they desire.
· Disease can’t live within this power…..it’s the ultimate alkaliser.
· Who we are…..just like your bottles of God….we are all individualized expressions of God. God is not an external concept – outside of us.
· The scriptures are filled with this awareness. “You are all children of the most high, you are all god.”
· I read Abraham Maslow’s essay on self-actualisation. He was talking about me – people who reach these extraordinary levels, where all things are possible with God. So what does that leave out? It leaves out Zero. But you can’t do it with the ego. The ego is the false self. It’s the part of you that identifies with how far you get ahead of everyone else, how competitive you are, how much you do/own…..we are all here to do one thing. God doesn’t want/need us to love him. God is love. He wants us to love each other.
· So here’s what Maslow said, which is reiterated in Napoleon Hill’s book, “Think and grow rich”……Maslow said that the one characteristic that separates out people who reach extraordinary levels of consciousness (who can perform and live miracles)….You are part of a company that is founded on miracles…..that’s the only reason I flew here to talk to you….this miraculous-ness in each and every one of us……here’s the one quality – a rare one: “Self actualizing people have something inside of them called a ‘burning desire’, and this desire is not anything that can ever be put out by anyone outside of themselves. It’s like an inner candle flame that never flickers. You can’t shut it off, or stop it. You can’t get people to do it the way you want them to do it.”
· I call them “scurvy elephants”. When I was in the third grade, as an orphan, I asked my teacher Mrs. Scarf, “What is a scurvy elephant”. I’d heard the principal say that “Wayne Dyer is a Scurvy Elephant”. What was actually said was that I was a “Disturbing element” in her class.
· People will come into your life, and have you live their Dharma (their idea of what you should be doing).
· Fully functioning, self-actualised people, are detached from outcome. Goals and success follows and flows after you. When I listen to that still voice, “Be still and know that I am God”. Know that it is within ….who you are is not this body you are in, or what you accomplish, or your reputation. Who you are is within you.
· I went to dinner with my friend “Ram Das, who wrote the book, “Be here now”. He had a stroke – 60% of him is now paralysed. It was his 80th birthday. 8 of us were there. I said to him, from William Butler Yates, “An aged man, is but a poultry thing. A tattered coat upon a stick….unless Soul claps its hands and sings, and louder sings, for every tatter in its mortal dress. Without a soul, without a spirit, without that internal knowing/connection, you are just a tattered coat upon a stick.
· Mathew Mark, Luke, John….all were written 200 to 300 years after Jesus.
· The Dead sea scrolls…..which became the gnostic gospels…..these were dated to the time of Jesus. These were original things that Jesus was said to have spoken. In the Gospel of St Thomas, Jesus said, “When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer, and the outer as the inner, and the above as the below, and you make the male and female into a single one, so the male will not be male and the female will not be female, only then will you enter the Kingdom.” I have been thinking about that a lot in my life. When you make the two into one, you will understand your soul.
· Think of the word Joy (my favourite oil – I use it at night)…….so the opposite of Joy is sadness. And I say “Try to imagine a Joy that has no opposite.” That’s what happens when you shed the tattered coat upon a stick….when you leave the body. This is a joy that is only joy – that’s all of what it is.
· And think about love….and its opposite is hate, fear…..and leave your body, where you have opposites.
· In the world we are in, there has to be an opposite for us to know Joy.
· I’m doing a weekend in January in Maui on Divine Love. I invite you to come.
· Peter Dunov says, “The whole world bows before me, and I bow before Peter Dunov.”
· He’s written over 250 books on love….on the kind of love that’s in your bottles, a different kind of love.
· People came to him, and asked him where the Czar was? And Peter Dunov closed his eyes, and he said “The Czar is….[and he named the city, street, home].” He didn’t know this from information – he had this extraordinary consciousness. We’ve been programmed to think “I can’t do these things”. The Czar was found exactly where Peter said he would be….and as a result of that meeting, the Czar would not release the trains…and that’s why not a single jew went to a concentration camp in Bulgaria.
· Human love is a love that changes, and varies.
· The second kind of love is Spiritual love. This is a love that never changes…..but it varies a lot. It’s the love that you have for your children. It doesn’t matter what they do….the mother of the mass killers, when interviewed, they still love their children.
· Then there is divine love. This is the kind of love that God has for us….it is a love that never changes, and never varies, it is always there, you can always count on it, and there is no opposite.
· I wrote the forward to a book called “Dying to be me”….she had end stage cancer (Lymphoma). She was wheeled into the hospital in a coma. She was in a deep coma, yet she heard everything. She had 24 lemon-sized tumors throughout her entire body….she was lying there as a dead person. And in this moment she was told that she could return. She met her father (who had passed over), and he gave her the choice to go back into her body and be cancer free. Within 5 days of opening her eyes, 50% of the cancer in her body was gone. 4 weeks later she was released with no cancer in her body.
· Our thoughts are our invisibleness. Our invisibleness is really our connection to God. It’s what God calls the “I am presence” within each and every one of us.
· The Tora – the oldest spiritual text on the planet today – in 2005 I was told to go to Maui, and study the Tao Ching, and write a book on every one of the versus in the Tao. It has 81 versus….I lived each and every one of them.
· Someone sent me a book, Jesus and Lao Tsu……and their messages were identical, almost word for word, same ideas.
· There is an eternal truth, that was written about 2500 years ago
· And 800 years before that, Moses was on Mount Sinai…..and he was put into a basket and sent down the Nile, and picked up by a woman (the Pharaoh’s daughter) who couldn’t bear to see the baby killed.
· And the burning tree says “My name is: I am that I am. And that will be my name for all future generations. And everything that exists, I am that. There is no place that I am not.”
· So I must be in you….and I must be in everything that you think you are missing and would like to attract into your life. But in a spiritual sense you already are connected with this…..and you need to connect with this, and know that there is an “I am” presence within you.
· This “I am” presence within you is something not many people connect to.
· In the “I am discourses” it says “I am is the full activity of God. I wish you to understand the full expression, the “I am”. The student must stand guard over his words and his expressions.” Because every time you say “I am weak”, you are throttling that great presence within you.
· The concept of “coincidence” is a mistake. It’s when two things “coincide” perfectly. It’s no accident. It’s all so perfectly orchestrated.
· You have to call things that do not exist, as though they did (Book of Romans). There is then no time delay between having the thought, and having it show up in your life.
· I was diagnosed with leukemia 2.5 years ago….I no longer have it in my body.
· John of God (in Brazil) came to me, and took the fear of leukemia out of my body. A Course in Miracles says, “There is only fear and love…..and anything that is love is not fear, and anything that is fear is not love.”
· Mark Twain says, “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”
· If you have rage, bitterness….anything but divine love……
· Why you are here is your Soul. It’s what brought you to the business of teaching the world that there’s a better way, through God’s bottles of essential oils.
· You have an essence that is inside of you as well, that is invisible. If you take away all the externals, you will find inside of you the same kind of essential oils……
· The first person I bought a car from …..I went back and bought another 8 cars from that person. Because they didn’t pressure me.
· The idea of the soul is Space, Immensity – it wants to be free, to expand, to reach out.
· You can’t take this part of you, that has no form, which is inside of you, and put it in a box. It screams out – “You’re not the boss of me. Don’t fence me in.” That’s your Soul.
· The last 5 mins before you go to sleep at night….these are the most important 5 mins of your day. One quote from the book of Job….reprogram your subconscious mind, it’s acting all the time…..”I am well, I am content, I am prosperous, I am healthy, I am kind, I am joy, I am God – a piece of God”. You have an “I am” presence. So rather than reviewing all the things you don’t like which doesn’t work, and all the people who mistreated you……this subconscious mind cannot distinguish between what you are thinking, and your reality. If you think it, it will give it to you.
· So place into your imagination your “I am’s” – I am prosperous, well, content, fulfilled, I am doing God’s work. Then he “Opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction”. You call things that do not exist as though they did….(Book of Romans).
· When you are inspired (as you are by these oils), your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, and a great, and a wonderful world. Dormant forces (ie. forces you thought were dead) come alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far, than you ever dreamed yourself to be. You just have to become inspired (“in Spirit)”.
· If you want to seek the beloved’s space, polish the mirror, and gaze into that space. Because in every moment of life you have this choice, because you can either be a host to God, or a hostage to your ego. It’s your call.
If you have an essential oils story to share, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your testimonial. If you are happy for us to include it in our bulletin, please put “permission to reprint” in the subject line or text. If you have a question about what oils to use for what situations…..go to www.talkaboutoils.com, or to www.oil-testimonials.com. These two website offer a fabulous resource for learning what oils others have used for different situations.
15ml of essential oil is approx. 333 drops; 5ml of essential oil is approx. 111 drops
We use Young Living’s essential oils, as they are guaranteed pure, unadulterated and therapeutic-grade, and meet the highest world standards
The information in this email reflects personal experiences only. It’s not intended and shouldn’t be relied upon as a substitute for medical diagnosis, advice or treatment. Use only guaranteed pure, unadulterated, therapeutic-grade essential oils, and follow the directions of the manufacturer.